Oh yum. This was sooooo delicious. Made it last night and boy let me tell you, there is a reason why this recipe has been pinned on Pinterest thousands and thousands of times. The chicken is crispy on the outside moist on the inside and the sauce is to die for. Looks fancy, tastes fancy, but requires very few ingredients and is very simple to make.
I know. It makes me hungry too. But we already ate all the leftovers so we are out of luck!
This, my friends, is the base ingredient for the sauce.... Ever tried it?? You should.
Here is what you need :
5 C corn flakes
3/4 C flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 C milk
6 T olive oil
1 12 oz package bowtie pasta
1 10 oz container Philadelphia Cooking Cream (Italian Cheese and Herb Flavor)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C chicken broth
1/2 C milk
1. In a small food processor crush the corn flakes into crumbs.
2. Add the 1/2 t salt to the 3/4 C flour. Stir to combine.
3. Place the flour, milk and crushed cornflakes each into their own separate pan.
4. Place your chicken breasts in a gallon sized Ziploc bag and seal the top. Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet.
5. Take a pair of sharp kitchen scissors and cut each breast in half.
6. Dredge the chicken in the flour. Be sure it gets covered on both sides. Lay the floured chicken onto a small cookie sheet and slide the sheet into the freezer. (Do not skip this step) Leave in freezer for 5 minutes.
7. Start cooking your pasta.
8. Remove the chicken from the freezer and dredge each piece in the milk...........and then immediately into the corn flake crumbs. Again, be sure both sides are covered well.
9. Add the olive oil to a hot skillet.
10. Carefully lay each chicken piece into the hot oil. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes or until the underside of each piece is nice and golden brown. Turn the pieces over.
11. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Let the chicken cook for about 7 more minutes, being careful not to burn the bottoms.
12. When your chicken has been cooked through remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with tin foil.
13. Into the same pan pour your broth.Philly Cooking Creme, Cream of Chicken,
and milk. Whisk the sauce around and let it get all warm and bubbly. Should only take about 3 minutes.
14. Slice your chicken into strips and serve over your cooked pasta and sauce.
I got this recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up. You should check her out :) With 72 comments saying this was "Heaven On a Plate" I am pretty sure you should make it!!